Employee Onboarding Workflow
Last Updated: 2022/05/04
- Go to the left-hand menu and click on ‘Tasks’.
- The drop-down menu will display ‘Create New Task’ and ‘Tasks’. Select ‘Create New Tasks’.
- This will take you to a New Task page. Select a client from the ‘Select Client’ drop down box and Client Staff from the ‘Select Client Staff’ who are taking on a new Employee (if your company is taking on a new Employee, create a Client in your organisation's name and Client staff from your Users and select these when choosing a client and client staff).
- Select ‘Create Task’.
- This will take you to the New Task for (Client Staff) page. Select ‘Employee Onboarding’ from the ‘Select Task’ drop-down menu and click the ‘Add Task’ button.
- This will display fields to fill out regarding the Employee's personal information and contact details. Click the ‘Save’ button at the bottom right of the page.
- This will take you to a page informing you that your task has been created successfully. This will update the workflow status to ‘Employee Details’. Then click the ‘View Task’ button at the bottom right of the page.
- Add all the documents your New Employee needs to read by opening the ‘Document Manager’ drop-down box to drag and drop any files in or choose any files from your computer. Once your new Employee has read and reviewed all the added documents, go to the task page and open the Quick Actions drop-down box. In here, select the status ‘Employee Review of Documents’ from the drop-down menu and click the ‘Change status’ button to update the workflow status. This will display a Signature box towards the bottom of the Task page, that your New Employee needs to sign. Upon completion of signing to confirm the Employee has read all necessary documents, the workflow status will update to ‘Team Notification of New Member’.
- On the Task page there is a blue ‘Send Email’ button to send a templated email to staff informing them of the new Team Member. If you choose the template 'New Team Member' all this information will be filled out automatically. Once you have sent the email, click on the green ‘Team Notified’ button. This will change the status of the workflow to ‘Office Manager Prepares supplies for new Employee’.
- Once you have prepared all the necessary supplies, return to the Task page to click on the green ‘Supplies Prepared’ button. This will update the workflow status to ‘Employed’. If there are any issues with the supplies, you can log them in the information box below the green button, and click the blue ‘Save’ button to record the issues.
- If the Team Member’s employment ends, go to the Task page and outline the reason for the end of employment and click the red ‘End Employment’ button. This will update the workflow status to ‘Employment Ended’.