How to add a Document Generation Button
Last Updated: 2022/05/04
- Click on the ‘Forms & Actions’ tab to configure the status page. This will display a blank box with an ‘Available Actions’ bar on the right-hand side.
- Drag and drop the ‘Generate Document’ action from the Available Actions into the blank box.
- In the content box, add any text you want to appear before the Generate Document Button.
- In the ‘Button Text’ box, type in what you wish to appear on the button.
- Check the ‘Enable Auto Sending?’ checkbox if you want to allow the document to be able to be attached to any automated emails.
- If you want there to be a change in status after clicking the Document Generation Button, select the status you wish to change to in the ‘Move Status?’ dropdown box. If you do not wish for there to be a status change, you can leave this blank.
- You can also add a ‘Password Protection Question’, so Users have to answer the question to be able to access the document.
- In the ‘Visible to’ box you can add users who you want to be able to view the ‘Document Generation’ button. Internal Users can see the content by default.
- Under ‘Visibility Rules’ you can hide the ‘Document Generation’ button until question(s) from forms are answered by clicking the ‘Add Question’ button and adding a question. You can add more than one question and also add a specific answer, so the box will only show after this specified answer.