How to update a User Email
Last Updated: 2022/05/04
- Go to the left-hand side taskbar and click on ‘Users’.
- From the drop-down menu, select ‘My Team Members’.
- This page will display all of your Users. Click on the User you wish to update an email for. This will take you to the User's profile page.
- On the left-hand side there is a drop-down titled ‘Email Accounts’.
- Click on this and then click on the ‘Create’ button.
- The info box and the top of the page will note that you must enable third-party applications in your email account and disable two-factor authentication to be able to add the updated email.
- To do this you need to go into the security settings of your updated email account and allow less secure apps and turn off two-step verification/two-factor authentication.
- Then select the email provider of the newly updated email you wish to add.
- Enter the Account Name.
- Enter the Email Address that you wish to add and the password of that Email Address (NOT your SwiftCase password).
- Check off the ‘Make this your default account’ check box.
- Add a Signature in the Signature box if you wish to have your signature displayed in your emails.
- You can add an Alias Email Address if you want, although this is not required.
- Check off the ‘Enable the mailbox’ for your account box.
- Click the verify button. You will then be returned to the User’s profile page and a message will be displayed at the top of the page that reads ‘email successfully added’.