Manually checking through a system for problems, or information such as
which tasks are closest to a deadline can be time-consuming and prone to
error. Actions like running reports, executing database queries and
using a search function are a partial solution, but not ideal. There is
a better alternative which reduces both the time taken by employees and
provides more accurate results.
Automating the process
Business action monitoring (also known as business action management)
gives business system users the opportunity to concentrate on the core
purpose of their day-to-day work, by removing the requirement to look up
information to monitor events constantly. The less time spent within an
organisation running reports and search queries, the more resources can
be employed towards improving business results.
This goal is achieved by monitoring system events automatically,
according to parameters (such as time periods) set beforehand.
Management and system developers decide which information will need to
be pulled, at what time intervals, and how it needs to be displayed to
users depending on their role within the organisation.
What can BAM do specifically?
BAM can measure the time it takes for an activity (such as replying to
an enquiry) to be executed, and either bring up an alert or prompt an
automated message to be sent out by the system.
By monitoring events in real time, data can be gathered to ensure you
meet business goals for finances, SLAs and customer satisfaction. Having
this breakdown of performance indicators at hand can significantly help
in making vital business decisions for the future.
- Increased transparency; relevant information can be collected, analysed
- Optimising efficiency; costs are lowered, work goals are achieved more
- Better identification of risks and opportunities through more accurate
- Greater competitiveness and flexibility from a wider understanding of
your business in the context of a given market
How SwiftCase helps
SwiftCase is a business process management platform that incorporates
event management features such as:
- Configure notifications to alert you to important events
- Comprehensive log of system events
- Role-based permissions provide secure access to event records
- Search criteria allow you to find exactly the event information you need
If you’re interested in a free, no-obligation demo, get in touch with us