Staying organised is essential to efficiency and productivity. Prioritising your workload by importance and urgency is one of the main factors contributing towards keeping your business on track. What are some of the best ways to achieve this?
Create your to-do listEvery morning, compose a list of tasks that are achievable during that working day. Highlight the most urgent tasks, which can then be crossed off on completion. A well structured to-do list is key to achieving your business goals and allowing you to focus on what’s really important.
Assign the right peopleWhile you’re prioritising your own responsibilities, you can give your team the tools to do the same. Efficient delegation ensures things will run smoothly. Identify what jobs can be assigned to whom, based on availability and skill set.
Be flexible and adaptableThere are many factors that can prevent you completing a task that are out of your control. It is important to know when something can be put aside, as not to let it affect the progress of your to-do list. At the same time, you must be aware of what has been put on the back burner for completion at a later date.
Learn when to rejectNot everything on your task list is achievable, there may be budget or time restraints that mean a specific task is not worthwhile. Assess work with an eye to knowing whether it will benefit or damage your business in long term. However, before bluntly rejecting work you should consider other options. For example; can the task be accepted at a later date when more resources are available? Can you suggest an alternative solution to the request?
Highlight tasks for a valued customerAs well as organising and filtering your to-do list, it’s worthwhile learning when to promote a task based on the value of a customer. Some jobs are more profitable than others, which is a factor to weigh up when evaluating its level of urgency.
Monitor your listsOnce you have completed a to-do-list for the day, be aware of tracking the progress of each task. A task lower down your list may be in danger of falling outside of a service level agreement or internal deadline, meaning that your list needs to be reorganised accordingly. SwiftCase is a powerful cloud-based business process management platform that automates business task prioritisation with built in to-do list functionality.
- As soon as you log in, SwiftCase displays all outstanding tasks, automatically ordered by listing the most urgent actions first.
- By defining your workflow, you can specify when SwiftCase automatically assigns a user to a task.
- Hide tasks that are not achievable within a particular time-frame by putting them on hold and specifying a resume date. Your task is automatically added back in whenneeded.
- Configure your workflow to allow a task to be rejected along with a reason or alternative suggestion. Even a rejected task can be tracked.
- By rating clients you can ensure that your most valued customers tasks are prioritised.
- Specify your SLA guidelines and SwiftCase will highlight any tasks that fall outside of the requirements.